Req Number 001U41
Job Category General Clerical/Secretarial
· Facilitates the distribution of patient referrals and case assignments among department clinical staff based on services required and staff availability.
· Monitors and reviews proposed staff schedule with management prior to production and communication.
· Ensures effective communication of actual and potential schedule changes among department management, clinical staff and patients, as required.
· Monitors staff EMR entries to ensure timely submission and completion based on established policies and procedures.
· Performs follow-up activities with staff and collaborates with management to track and resolve non-compliance issues, as required.
· Maintains and updates tickler system of pending staff case reviews and performance evaluations. Coordinates meetings between management and clinical staff to ensure completion.
Ensures related equipment, supply and laboratory needs are available to support clinical staff activities.
Addresses and resolves complex patient issues. Serves as a liaison between patients, staff, vendors and management. Escalates issues requiring management attention, as needed.
Assists management in monitoring and tracking payroll activities.
Gathers various department metrics and generates reports for review by management. Performs research for special projects, as assigned.
Ensures all related activities are entered into department computer system for tracking and recordkeeping purposes.
Performs related duties as required.
· High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
· Minimum of three (3) years secretarial experience, required.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word), required.
· Working knowledge of medical terminology, required.
· Ability to exercise independent judgment and employ basic reasoning skills.
Ability to communicate effectively.