Req Number 001Q1T
Job Category Nursing Support
Recognizes arrhythmias and obtains documentary strip.
Reports unexpected or abnormal monitored alerts to nurse responsible for patient.
Obtains a baseline strip each shift on all monitored patients.
Replaces electrode pads, wires and batteries as needed.
Assures that all emergency equipment is cleaned and checked.
Provides patients with assistance in performing the activities of daily living.
Provides equipment/supplies for and appropriately assists patients with oral and personal hygiene.
Prepares patients for meals/snacks/liquids and assists with feeding, as needed.
Measures and records patient’s Temperature/Pulse/Respiration (TPR), blood pressure, height, weight, intake/output and bowel movement, as appropriate.
Collects required specimens; e.g., urine, feces, sputum.
Reports any observable changes in patient’s condition, treatment results, and/or patient/family concerns to the registered professional nurse.
Responds to any patient’s call bell and/or emergency light.
Recognizes unsafe acts/conditions and corrects and/or reports same, as appropriate.
Uses side rails, restraints, gerichair and appropriately positions patients.
Responds to fire, evacuation, and internal/external emergencies and drills.
Accepts assignment and seeks clarification as needed;
Carries out assignments;
Reports patient care observations and findings to RN regularly;
Participates as an integral part of the nursing team in assuming additional duties and responsibilities; and
Maintains competence by attending in-service education programs.
*ADA Essential Functions
· High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
· Minimum two (2) years direct patient care experience, required.
· Successful completion of a Basic ECG/EKG Interpretation course, preferred.
· Must Successfully complete Site Telemetry/ EKG training program and Nursing Assistant course.
· Ability to operate cardiac monitors and EKG machine, required.
· Ability to communicate effectively, and follow written and/or oral instructions.
· Heart Saver Certification, preferred.