Req Number 001PQI
Job Category Education
Develops and provides orientation, staff development and continuing education for all levels of nursing and related departments.
• Assesses new nurses and plans an orientation program based on the level and scope of each individual's learning needs.
• Plans orient's assignments to provide experience and competence in delivery of care.
• Evaluates performance of orientee and shares progress with orientee, Nurse Manager, and staff members assisting with orientation.
• Collaborates with Nurse Manager to identify preceptors for orientee.
• Maintains documentation of orientee's progress.
• Coordinates needs assessments with nursing leadership to plan staff development.
• Participates in appropriate clinical service meetings and shares information regarding present programs, plans and future offerings.
• Provides guidance and remediation to nurses participating in staff development.
• Provides all mandated in-service programs for all tours of duty.
• Orients staff to new equipment and procedures.
• Guides staff in providing patient teaching.
• Communicates activities affecting orientation, staff development and continuing education with nursing management and clinical services.
• Actively participates in all aspects of unit and service management meetings.
• Demonstrates flexible hours to meet education needs of staff as needed.
• Collaborates with nursing leadership to ensure continuing education/competency assessments/required certifications are up to date.
• Makes frequent rounds to assess staff education needs and provide intervention as necessary.
• Organizes and carries out special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, required. Master's Degree, preferred.
• Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
• BCLS, required.
• Minimum of four (4) years clinical nursing experience including three (3) years of demonstrated leadership and teaching skills in Nursing; or satisfactory combination of education and experience.