Req Number 001XDC
Job Category Physical/Occupational Therapy
Assesses clients and develops rehabilitation and recovery plans to assist client(s) with transitioning back into community activities including work, school/training, socialization and independent living.
Provides individual and/or group psychotherapy, as needed.
Provides specialized therapeutic interventions including, but not limited to, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Marriage and Family Counseling and other treatment modalities.
Provides crisis counseling and intervention services, as appropriate.
Provides complex care management and linkage to community services.
Liaises with patient providers for collateral treatment.
Promotes patient compliance and adherence to treatment appointments utilizing relapse prevention techniques.
Provides individuals and group members with the opportunity to engage in activities which promote positive socialized behaviors.
Provides documentation and feedback on patient participation in program, and participates in case conferences with other program staff members, treatment team and/or agencies.
Assesses program needs and prepares orders for supplies. Maintains inventory of program supplies to ensure availability on demand.
Adheres to patient care standards established by Northwell Health, regulatory agencies and funding sources.
Leads, guides and mentors Specialists, Interns and Volunteers.
Participates in developing and implementing new/revised, approved programs, initiatives, techniques and/or protocols.
Coordinates program and therapeutic group sessions on individual inpatient floors or in the ambulatory programs based on position’s area-of-assignment.
May bill (or provide guidance to billing staff) Medicaid, Medicare and private insurance companies for reimbursable services.
Performs related duties, as required.
· Master’s Degree in counseling or related field, required.
· New York State License in Mental Health Counseling, required.
· Minimum of one (1) year related work experience to ensure familiarity with a variety or recreational, rehabilitation and/or therapy modalities including, but not limited to, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), and Acceptance and Commitment (ACT), required.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook)
· Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings and weekends based on patient and/or program needs.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.