Req Number 001L4Q
Job Category Surgery
Assists nursing personnel in giving quality care to patients in the Operating Room.
Performs duties and responsibilities of a \u2018scrub' person under the direction of a registered, professional nurse.
Checks and gathers all instruments for each case in assigned room with use of surgeon's preference card.
Checks sterility tapes, dates and integrity of wrappers.
Assists circulating nurse in obtaining supplies, equipment and opening of room, as necessary.
Opens sterile supplies for assigned cases. Performs surgical scrub technique and gown and glove procedure for self and surgical team. Maintains a sterile field and takes immediate action to correct any breaks in technique.
Arranges instruments, basins, sutures and software in a precise manner to allow for accurate counting at completion of procedure.
Assists circulating nurse with counts of all sponges, laps, peanuts, cottonoids, needles, reels, vessels loops, umbilical tape, penrose drains, devices and instruments.
Uses all devices and instruments appropriately. Performs standard draping technique.
Passes and handles instruments to surgical team in a safe and efficient manner.
Breaks down setup and prepares instruments for sterilization.
Performs related duties, as required.
• High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
• Successful completion from a nationally accredited educational program for surgical technologist, and holds and maintains a certified surgical technologist (CST) credential administered by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA), required.
*a person may be employed or contracted with to practice surgical technology during the 12-month period immediately following successful completion of a surgical technology program, but may not continue to be employed beyond that period without documentation that the employee holds and maintains a certified surgical technologist credential required.
• Must be and remain in good standing with NYS regulations, required.
• Prior OR Technician experience, required
• BCLS certification, preferred.