Req Number 001W1G
Job Category Psychology
As a House Psychologist you will function as a primary therapist and member of an interdisciplinary team under the direction of a Medical Board approved Psychologist. Provide patient care in accordance with accepted principles of psychotherapy. Interpret test results, recommend appropriate treatments, and collaborate with referring counselor on patient’s progress.
• Functions as a primary therapist and member of an interdisciplinary team. Provides patient care, individual or group, in accordance with accepted principles of psychotherapy.
• Administers psychological assessments and interprets results to determine nature of problem(s) and recommend treatment necessary.
• Performs a variety of administrative tasks, including but not limited to correspondence, attending meetings, maintains records and chart.
• Consults with referring counselors regarding patient progress, and meets with rehabilitation counselors regarding patient placement.
• May conduct psychological research activities and participate in all aspects from selection of subjects to analysis of data.
• Participates in or conducts in-service training, seminars and departmental meetings. Teaches psychological testing to fellows, residents and psychology interns.
• Prepares tables and graphs for statistical analysis.
• Master’s Degree, required. Knowledge of Psychotherapy and Psychological Testing as normally acquired through completion of a Doctoral Degree in Psychology including internship
• New York State Psychology Limited Permit, required.
• Analytical skills required for integration of observation and formal test data, determining methods of treatment, and teaching/supervision of psychological testing.