Req Number 001SL6
Job Category Speech/Hearing Therapy
Evaluates communication disorders and administers therapy treatments for patients with problems associated with hearing, speech, and language disorders. Maintains records, monitors progress, and counsels patients and their family members. Participates in multidisciplinary consultations.
Provides speech therapy to patients in the home setting.
Prepares a variety of reports including speech evaluations, daily logs, progress reports, reimbursement forms, and letters to outside facilities.
Administers diagnostic evaluations.
Designs, implements and evaluates treatment plans for patients.
Plans and utilizes activities to develop and maintain patient's maximum functional ability.
Counsel's patients and patient families regarding results of testing, recommendations and problems associated with hearing, speech and language disorders.
Engages in research, presentations, and professional conferences and in-service training.
Participates in clinical staff conferences and meetings. Provides consultation to clinical staff.
Performs related duties, as required.
• Master's Degree in Speech Pathology, required.
• Currently licensed in Speech Pathology in the State of New York.
• Current Driver's License.
• Minimum of two (2) years experience in speech pathology, required.
• Ability to communicate well and interact with patients, families, medical staff and Health Systems services.