Req Number 001VPW
Job Category Nursing Support
Educates frontline team members in Safe Patient Handling and Mobility (SPHM) techniques to decrease work place injuries related to patient handling. Reviews and records related incidents and collects mobility metrics. Maintains patient handling equipment and associated soft goods for each patient care unit.
· Provides education and competency certification, and serve as a clinical resource for frontline patient care providers in safe patient handling techniques, and use of patient handling equipment and mobility aides for new hires and staff.
· Provides remedial training and competency for employees returning to work from injuries related to patient handling.
· Demonstrates mobility techniques and procedures.
· Serves as a clinical resource and collaborate with frontline staff in mobilizing patients with special mobility needs.
· Performs safe patient handling activities by utilizing approved safe patient handling equipment.
· Performs incident reviews and after-action reports for patient handling related injury reports.
· Monitors and collects mobility metrics to ensure safe patient handling procedures are followed.
· Provides corrective one-on-one mentoring, when needed.
· Attends and reports to Safe Patient Handling Mobility and Ergonomics Committee.
3. Equipment and Inventory Maintenance
· Maintains supply, security, repair and inventory of patient lifting equipment and mobility aides.
Collaborates with other departments and vendors to ensure proper and safe equipment use, i.e. - Infection Control, Biomedical Engineering, Materials Management, and Equipment manufacturers/vendors.
HighSchool Diploma or GED, required.Vocational Training (or Associates Degree) in a Patient Care discipline,preferred.
BasicLife Support (BLS) or equivalent certification within first 30 days from Dateof Hire, required.
Successful completion ofinternal Safe Patient Handling & Mobility (SPHM) training program,required.
Minimumtwo (2) years of related experience in direct patient care and/or training(e.g. – Patient Care Associate, Rehabilitation Aide, or related job), required.
Must have good interpersonal skills to teach patients,family and staff, effectively.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Flexible to variable shifts.
Workingknowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), required.