Req Number 001SVR
Job Category Clinical Professionals
Plans, organizes and directs dining services throughout hospital. Establishes and maintains dining quality, safety and service excellence standards, policies and procedures. Ensures excellent customer service is provided to internal and external customers and food is prepared and presented in an appetizing manner consist with high quality culinary standards.
Oversees and directs culinary functions throughout hospital: menu development, ordering/purchasing, cost controls, patient nutrition, and event catering.
Develops and monitors strategic operating goals, objectives and budget; and reports operational performance, justification and/or corrective action.
Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates departmental policies and procedures in accordance with approved nutritional principles and regulations. Oversees food safety, sanitation and maintenance programs.
Selects, develops, manages and evaluates direct reports and oversees the development, management and evaluation of indirect reports. Ensures staffing and skill levels meet departmental needs.
Establishes standards and specifications related to product quantity and quality, supplies and equipment procurement.
Oversees and ensures compliance with government and agency regulations.
Responsible for special dining functions and vending operations, as required.
Builds and maintains productive inter/intra departmental and vendor work relationships to optimize operations.
Evaluates and implements Quality Control/Performance Improvement related practices.
Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
• Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts, Dietetics, Hospitality or related field, required. Master’s Degree, preferred.
• Credentialed in one (1) or more of the following areas:
Certified Dietary Manager
Certified Executive Chef
Food Protection certification
• Minimum of seven (7) years progressively responsible culinary experience, including experience overseeing operations in large, fine dining establishment.
• Current knowledge of industry trends, standards, regulations, required.
• Working knowledge of PC applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word), required.
• Culinary creativity and plate presentation skills, required.