Req Number 001VE1
Job Category Social Workers
Implements and monitors care plan that addresses patient’s identified needs based on physician and clinician assessments, member/family needs, issues, resources and care goals.
Collaborates with healthcare team involved in patient’s care to enhance care plan and integration of services. Contributes to the understanding of social and emotional elements of patient’s life related to their diagnoses and treatment.
Completes documentation in accordance with policies and procedures of the organization, State and Federal regulations.
Obtains and documents authorization/reauthorization for Home Care services from Insurance Case Managers during a patient’s home care.
Functions as an integral part of the Home Care Team by expanding theoretical knowledge base, improving clinical techniques and enhancing interpersonal relations.
Performs job functions in a fiscally responsible manner consistent with the Agency’s mission and vision.
Performs related duties, as required.
· Master’s Degree in Social Work, required.
· LMSW or LCSW, required. Case Manager Certification (CCM), preferred.
· Minimum of three (3) years experience in case management, discharge planning, advocacy, outreach, or supportive counseling, required.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel, Word), required.
· Knowledge of third party payer requirements, required. Ability to communicate and interact effectively with patients and families. Sensitive to cultural diversity and low literacy issues in care provision.
· Experience in palliative care and acute care settings, preferred.