Req Number 001RVJ
Job Category Clinical Professionals
Manages the staff and activities of the Food and Nutrition department, and assigned sites, in support of patient meal services. Ensures adherence to quality standards for tray service assembly and distribution to patients in accordance with standards of practice and hospital policies and procedures
· Selects, develops, manages and evaluates direct reports. Ensures performance appraisals are completed in a timely manner.
· Coordinates departmental orientation, training and in-service programs for department staff and other hospital personnel, as needed.
· Schedules staff and ensures proper coverage and cross-training.
· Ensures adherence to hospital quality standards for tray service assembly and delivery of meals to patients, state health codes and quality management guidelines are met.
· Ensures a safe and clean environment for patients, staff and visitors is maintained and availability of necessary supplies (par levels) and equipment for the safe and efficient delivery of services.
· Monitors food usage and leftovers.
· Ensures customer inquiries are handled in a courteous, accurate and timely manner. Reviews statistical information relating to patient census/opinions and reports on results to leadership.
· Participates in Performance Improvement activities and makes recommendations for improvement.
· Develops and evaluates policies and procedures and keeps abreast of industry trends and regulatory requirements.
· Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
· Bachelor’s Degree in Dietetics, Nutrition or related field, required.
· ServSafe, HACCP or related food safety certification, preferred.
· Minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible food service and hospitality experience, to ensure familiarity with food delivery, production, and management of staff, required