Req Number 001QGJ
Job Category Information Technology
Responsible for the overall TCoE strategic direction and theimplementation of the defined operating model and governances. Plans, organizes and directs the staff and activities in support of the development,implementation and monitoring for the Testing Center of Excellence (TCoE). The TCoE will drive the support of system,integration, end to end, regression and user acceptance testing events for theOCIO.
1. Overall responsibilities which span strategic, business, and personnel management functions include:
Service Line Management: Experience in managing Testing Center of Excellence; (over $20 million); large scale testing projects (upwards to $4 million); over 100 projects per year; over 50 projects always in flight; over 100 projects in the pipeline.
Supply and Demand Management : Collaborates with executives and customers as needed to define an appropriate TCoE service level, ensures current/forecasted capacity can achieve desired service level given current/forecasted demand, commits the TCoE to specific projects to be delivered on-time, at budget. Collaborates with vendors to ensure timely sourcing and onboarding while keeping waste to a minimum in a highly volatile environment.
Test Execution Predictability and Excellence : Builds internal competence for testing excellence, collaborates across teams to ensure various resource, timeline, and financial schedules are met, promotes transparent and effective risk mitigation, issue management, and defect resolution processes and identifies and advocates overall quality with a focus on TCoE customers and promotes the TCoE use across the enterprise.
Internal Methods Provisioning : Ensures adequacy and completeness of necessary skillsets, tools, policies, and procedures, defines and enforces use of necessary tools, policies, and procedures, embodies personnel performance management standards throughout TCoE, and Identifies improvement opportunities given technology evolution and metrics.
Performance Analytics : Oversees development of timely, accurate reports that reflect TCoE operational performance, across many dimensions (e.g., customer projects, TCoE resource utilization, TCoE return on investment) and incorporates lessons learned into future TCoE operations.
2. Develops and monitors strategic operating goals, objectives and budget; and reports operational performance, justification and/or corrective action.
3. Develops and oversees financial management including budget, salary, capital, and revenue projections.
4. Oversees the development, coordination, integration, communication, implementation, and performance evaluation of operating policies and procedures consistent and in collaboration with ….
5. Selects, develops, manages and evaluates direct reports; and oversees the development, management and evaluation of indirect reports.
6. Builds and maintains productive inter/intra departmental and vendor work relationships to optimize operations.
7. Oversees compliance with government and agency regulations.
9. Performs related duties, as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or Health Care related field, required.
· Minimum of seven (7) years progressively responsible operational experience with estimating and sourcing major testing efforts, software QA testing, creating test strategies/approaches, testing stages/ life cycle: Smoke, Integration, Functional, Regression, End 2 End, UAT, required.
Extensive experience with offshoring and negotiating with vendors, QA processes and method, software development life cycle (SDLC) and Vendor Package Implementation, required.
· Knowledge with HP tool sets (ALM, UFT and Performance Center, Mobile Center) and JIRA, Selenium, Caristix, Jenkins, OpKey, required.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, required.
· Healthcare environment, preferred.
· Project management experience, preferred.
· Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL), preferred.
· Certified ScrumMaster, (CSM) or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFE), preferred.