Req Number 001RA6
Job Category Radiologic
Performs a variety of 1 st , 2 nd , and 3 rd trimester high risk obstetrical ultrasound studies requiring independent judgment for diagnosis of disease.
· Positions patient on examination table for optimum testing procedure and conditions and according to departmental standard operating procedures.
· Explains procedures in easy-to-understand terms based on professional knowledge to relieve patient of pre-testing anxiety
· Sets-up equipment to administer the particular procedure in a timely fashion.
· Recognizes the significance of structures visualized in the oscilloscope and differentiates artifacts from normal or pathologic processes.
· Ensures views and images have been obtained and proper techniques have been employed using the real-time systems; determines the need for more extensive evaluations beyond preliminary instructions.
· Consults with referring physician regarding patients’ previous history and the appropriate ultrasonic procedure that is required.
· Correlates clinical history to ascertain that the appropriate procedure is performed.
· Observes patient during the entire examination.
· Recognizes and promptly reports changes in the patient’s condition and/or motorabnormality complaints by the patient including: fainting, discoloration, etc. in accordance with procedures.
Maintains record and log exams performed
Maintains control of inventory and the purchasing of supplies for the assigned area.
· Checks completeness of purchasing order requisitions
· Reviews stock levels, storage locations and utilization of film inventories
*ADA Essential Functions
High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
Graduated from an approved Ultrasound program and knowledge of anatomy, physiology, physics; or diagnostic ultrasound and familiarity with pertinent medical/surgical disease.
Board certification with the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (ARDMS) in the specialty of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Certification with the Fetal Medicine Foundation (FMF)
Certification with Nuchal Translucency Quality Review ( NTQR ) Screening test for Down Syndrome with Nasal Bone certification.