Req Number 001V3Q
Job Category Marketing
As a Coordinator you will coordinate the blood donor program by soliciting blood donations from members of community groups, visitors, patients and families; promotes the replacement blood transfusion program; schedule appointments for blood donations; and provide administrative support and data collection assistance to the Donor Room.
• Plans and implements strategies to recruit and retain donor groups who will sponsor collection operations, work to achieve established blood collection goals, and ensure sufficient numbers of specialized donors to meet program needs.
• Contacts elective surgical patients prior to admission recommending members of the family contribute blood. Works with in house staff so encourage post-surgical patients to make arrangements through a family liaison to replace blood used during surgery.
• Solicits physician support of the replacement blood donor transfusion program by providing educational and recruiting information to their perspective practices.
• Assigns appointments to prospective blood donors and follows-up with written confirmations. Follows-up by telephone and letter with previous blood donors to encourage continued donations.
• Assists the Donor Room and Blood Bank staff in processing blood donors, when necessary (e.g., donor registration).
• Solicits blood donations from Health System employees, members of the community and local community groups and industry. Coordinates solicitation of blood from hospital visitors including supervision of volunteers.
• Presents and distributes promotional material and uses audio-visual aids to motivate participation in blood-donor program. Maintains documentation of participating organizations and generates monitoring reports for positive feedback.
• Arranges specific date of blood collection drives for blood-donor group and confirms appointment in writing. Consults blood bank records to answer questions, monitor activity, or resolve problems of blood donor groups. Prepares reports of blood-donor program and recruitment activities.
• Helps identify donors with rare-type blood from blood-bank records, and telephone donors to solicit and arrange blood donation.
• Assists in preparation of annual budget by providing data and making recommendations. Serves as liaison between donor-enrollment unit and other units of blood bank.
• Develops new strategies in attracting and soliciting blood donors and participates in recruiting organizations. Develops use of authorized Health System internet web based sites for donor recruitment purposes.
• Maintains required data bases and spreadsheet information and produces required reports, as necessary. Performs typing and proofing to assure quality and readability of written material.
• Bachelors Degree in marketing, sales, communications, or related field, required.
• Minimum of two (2) years experience in direct sales or marketing, required.
• Excellent communications skills, including training and presentation skills, required.
• Good organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities effectively, required.
• Knowledge of group dynamics, customer maintenance techniques, negotiation skills, and the ability to effectively implement programs, preferred.