Req Number 001U7X
Job Category Registered Nurse
Provides intravenous therapy to patients. Functions in accordance with policies of the Nursing Department. Utilizes leadership skills/clinical judgment in coordinating patient care and directing/delegating activities of the patient care unit team.
• Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the physical and emotional needs of patients requiring IV therapy.
• Follows policies of the Department regarding IV therapy.
• Maintains documentation of IV therapy.
• Investigates, evaluates and validates new techniques and equipment used for IV therapy.
• Conducts patient interview, explains policies and procedures to patient/ significant others, reviews patient's chart and answers questions.
• Communicates/documents patient's health status.
• Interprets and implements treatment regimen as prescribed by the Physician.
• Assists the Physician during treatments and/or diagnostic procedures.
• Keeps management and/or physician informed of changes in patient's condition and/or treatments, as appropriate.
• Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, preferred.
• Licensed to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
• BLS certification or equivalent, required.
• Minimum of two (2) years experience as a RN, including initiation of IV therapy.