Req Number 001SNT
Job Category Nursing Support
Assists in the communication and dispensing of medications. Assists in maintaining records and reports. Maintains sufficient inventories at workstations.
1. Assists Pharmacist(s) in non-professional (non-judgmental) aspects of preparing and dispensing medication.
Fills, packages,labels and stocks medications.
Fills bottles orother package forms with measured amount of medication either manually ormechanically.
Labelscontainers of drugs according to department specification, either manuallyor mechanically.
Fills medicationorders in outpatient area.
Responsible forextemporaneous medication packaging, as required.
Responsible tocalculate required dosing and day supply for orders
2. Assists Registered Pharmacist in maintaining a variety of records and reports.
· Responsible for resolution of third party rejects and responding to high volume customer inquiries.
3. Documents customer inquiries, issues, transactions, and other relevant information into computer system.
Maintainsrecords for medication in outpatient area.
Assists in themaintenance of statistics and records for medication orders.
Enters andprocess orders into the computer system.
4. Maintain clean work environment according to OSHA standards.
5. Maintains sufficient inventory at workstations..
Transportsrequired pharmacy material, as necessary.
Receives andmaintains records of stock and inventory control.
Assists inmaterial control by maintaining records and inventories.
Maintainsplacement of sufficient daily inventory of supplies.
6. Operates point-of-sale cash system according to department policies while ensuring positive customer experience.
· Follows policies and procedures and other reference materials to assist in answering various general inquires and issues.
8. Complies with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) mandates and self-imposed manufacturer restrictions on particular drugs, as applicable including Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) programs and manufacturer limited distribution drug requirements.
9. Performs related duties, as required.
HighSchool Diploma or equivalent, required.
Graduate of arecognized Pharmacy Technician Training Program and/or Pharmacy TechnicianCertification Board (PTCB), required.
Minimumof two (2) years related experience as a Pharmacy Technician including retailpharmacy with a computerized system within the last three (3) years, required.
Abilityto learn computerized retail pharmacy system.
Strongcommunication skills, required
Havestrong math competency