Req Number 001N72
Job Category General Clerical/Secretarial
The selected team member:
• Receiving and providing direction to patients/families as appropriate.
• Answering telephone and directing calls to appropriate personnel.
• Taking telephone messages and routing as necessary.
• Activating paging system as appropriate, i.e., stat calls, Code 33, physician pages, etc.
• Checks lab value results, x-ray reports, and EKG reports against norms and physician orders, as appropriate.
• Reports discrepancies or abnormal values to management so appropriate action can be taken.
• Files lab, x-ray, or EKG reports in patient ED charts.
• Photocopies and mails ED charts to private physician offices as directed.
• Completes chart checklist prior to patient admission to floor to ensure physician documentation is complete and necessary documents are in the chart.
• Compiles ED charts as requested for audits or special reviews.
• Updates ED log.
• Verifies data in log book verses ED patient charts.
*ADA Essential Functions
• High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
• Basic Life Saving (BLS) or equivalent, preferred.
• Previous clerical experience, required; emergency department experience, preferred.
• Knowledge of medical terminology, preferred.